Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Only Your Real Friends Will Tell You When Your Face Is Dirty

Friendship it sure is a curious thing! Have you ever wondered why or how you became to be friends with the people you are friends with? I have, on many occasions in fact. I've always wondered why we are attracted to the people we are attracted too. Now I guess personality does play a role in it but if you look at some of my friends I did NOT pick them because we are the same person or our personalities work well together. I guess I lot of it is Providential too. Yet, it still intrigues me to think why I like the people that I like. Also why the people who like me, like me! I wish we could trace every moment in our lives and see where we had that thought "oh I like you". To see that action, joke, or phrase that made us fall in love with our best friend? Wouldn't you like to know what it was. Even if it was providential! To see why for that season you became friends with that person. Maybe one day we will see the big picture. I will get to see how I helped others by just being their friend and how others helped and grew me. Like one big movie just watching all the happily ever afters explained!


I love being home and seeing all my friends! It is sooo nice to be around people who know you inside and out. I haven't laughed this hard in ages! I've been goofy, done the most ridiculous stuff, said the most absurd things and the people around me think it is funny!! they haven't given me that stare of disapproval in fact more often than not they have joined in! AHHHH I love these old friendships and it gives me encouragement to go back to knox and make these same kind of friendships with new people! Isn't it fun to watch the Bible come alive! 


Here are some friendship quotes:
~A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world


~A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.


~The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.


~The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend


~A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.


~A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked


~Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth, wanting ten times more to tell you a loving     lie


~Strangers are just friends waiting to happen!


So go out and make a friend today, be a friend to today, and tell a friend you love them today!


-Abs



No comments:

Post a Comment