Monday, August 16, 2010

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

The above quote was said by the wonderful Martin Luther King and I love it!
I chose it for the title of my blog for two main reasons. One I'm a Freshman at the University of Tennessee and I moved in two days ago. So Im taking my first steps into a whole new chapter in my life and the quote just went along perfectly! Second from the many years in SLU I have been taught to look at the whole picture. As humans we usually take habit in only look at what is right in our face. We don't realize that we are only seeing one piece that fits in to a 3billion piece puzzle. As humans we don't have the physical capacity to see the whole picture so faith is needed. We rely on God trusting that He will continue the good work he has begun in us. The quote is a daily reminder to me that I have to remember to have faith in God and that I must always remember that there are more steps in the darkness that I cannot see. That I can have hope to know that through the rough or scary times in life God is always by my side and there to show me what the next step is. 
I hope you enjoy this blog as you watch me embark on the many steps in life! 

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you as you start college life - can't wait to see where God takes you! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! Wow on starting a blog along with everything else happening right now!! I am looking forward to reading it, and seeing God work in you! I love your background too. :)

    ReplyDelete