Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fire Alarms

Today I was awakened at 8 o clock to the most horridly high pitched sound I have ever heard. The fire alarm went off in our building and though I knew it was a false alarm I wanted to get out of the building just to save my precious ears! So all 6 floors of humes stumbled out the door in towels and the likes. Hah there was even a loverly male coming out of one of the rooms in our hall. Im sure he felt really awkward. I visited Cedar Springs Church today. Katherine, Kerry, and I caught a ride with Nathan who is a sophomore and friend of Katherine's from church. It was very interesting to say the least. It's presbyterian and well I'm a pretty die hard baptist lol well maybe not die hard but it's what I have been raised in I don't know anything different. I maybe got a little bit of it from ECS but not too much. The worship was a lot like bellevue's and I liked it. The church building wasn't as modern as bellevue but i kinda liked its older look it had. The pastor was really passionate and really got into what he was saying. He preached about how we say we love God but really we are only doing enough for Him to come and bless us. It was a really convicting message that is so true about my life. There were a few times were I wanted to raise my hand and ask some questions, but no worries I refrained! The weirdest thing for me was that they have communion every week and you have to walk to the front of the building to get it. It didn't come to me in cute little cups and I had to dip my "bread" into a cup....It was really funny all three of us looked at each other before our row stood up and were like what do we do? Katherine ended up asking Nathan who chuckled and just told us to follow him. I personally like bellevues lord supper better. Not to say anything is wrong with the way it was done but I just feel like at Bellevue you have more time to reflect and pray about what we are doing. It isn't something that happens every week so it seems more special. Having it every week could easily become another move in the biblical motions for me. But then I can't exactly say they don't focus on it as much as bellevue does cause I was most likely preoccupied with wondering what I was suppose to do and being weirded out by my unfamiliarity. Ah they also would respond to certain phrases the pastor said! It weirded me out. No one warned me before we went in. I even asked is there anything I should know to do or not to do and everyone said i'd be fine. But overall the church was really nice. It was soo cool to see old couples and families! HAH only two weeks at college and I already miss people older than like 24 or so. I miss little kids though too! The other day I saw little kids playing on a playground for day care and my heart legit skipped a beat! I really wanted to go play with them! I want to get involved kinda with a nursery group at a church that would be nice! I liked Cedar Springs but I still wanna look around and find somewhere I will hopefully feel a little more at home with! For the rest of our sunday me and katherine cleaned our room and then went out to dinner with some of her guy friends and their friends. I miss having friends that I can force to come hang out with me. But with time I sure I will find those people I can call at anytime! Well I need to get to bed Im going to work out in the morning with my "whip me into shape friend" kerry! ahh im going to die but it will be worth it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment