Sunday, September 5, 2010

Have you ever been to camp?

So I managed getting a ride home for this loverly 3 day weekend! I rode home with my suite mate Taylor and her boyfriend Cameron. He was such a sweet heart, he drove 5 hours to come get her ( I tagged along) and then 6 hours back to memphis when he was only 4 hours away from memphis! We left at 10 and drove all the way home at night quite an adventure! It was so nice to come home! Yet, it's really weird being home! It doesn't quite feel like home anymore! It's all reversed now, knoxville is home, and memphis is a place where I have to visit! It was weird waking up in my room this morning! I think it was a really good idea for me to come home though. I really got to sit back and look back at the big picture. I was beginning to feel caught up in the big rush and mass of people at UT. You really never have anytime alone at college. You are constantly with someone and I really needed to escape. I needed to go back to my house were I could be me. Where I could reflect, pray, and just rejuvenate to jump right back in! And I really found it! Talking to my mom helped me refocus things and see things in the big picture. It's a weird feeling going to college. I felt like I had 2 worlds one that consisted of my home and one of college life. And to be completely honest I didn't really know who I was in this new world. I was getting lost in the whole rush and mass of things and I could feel it. I think thats why I got so homesick and needed to come home so badly because I needed to remember to come back to the foundation of who I am. What better place to do that, then at the only place in the world where you can be whoever you want to and the people are forced to love you! So now even after just a day of talking with my sisters, and mommy I've been reminded, well more re-encouraged of who I am and that I don't have to be rushed into the masses! This was a good decision for me to come home, it really helped me to see that I really do love it in knoxville, and though I miss my family and being with them I know Knoxville is where I am suppose to be! AHHH I love being home!

Today:
      Me and the sisters went and got Jody's donuts for everyone! Which i guess the holidays bring out the desire for donuts in people because there were pretty much noooo donuts when we got there! We wiped them out when we took a dozen home! They were delicious, a little too sugary but sooo worth it! Then me and the sisters attacked the day with a whole lot shopping! Which was fun got lots o cute clothes and comfortable shoes and of course some bonding with the sisters! Then we returned for family dinner! Which was delicious we had chicken, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes and white potatoes, and angel  food cake for dessert! My wonderful mommy bought me blueberries and is making me pink stuff she loves me sooo! I also brought my laundry home so I could be the "typical" college student. It was great! The weather feels amazing outside today I love it! Well I should probably go to sleep now! I get to go to my own church tomorrow and more time with the family! Ahh I love 3 day weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment