Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sisters, there where never such devoted sisters!

Lizzie came to knoxvegas this weekend and she brought allie and kate along with her! It was a whole lot of fun! We really just goofed off together and talked and ate a lot of food! It was nice to just hang out with my sister. As she described all we have to do is sit in each others presence and we can feel our energy playing off of one another! There is nothing quite like sister bonds! But alas the weekend is over and I must now buckle down and do the dreaded homework! I'm trying to train myself to not think of it as dreaded but rather something fun. So far I haven't accomplished that! The game wasn't much fun this week. We barely won which was just not cool and not many people came out to the game so it was kinda awkward! But I hope my junior friends got to see what knoxville is like and hopefully I will get to see them on campus again one day! Tomorrow starts Big sis little sis week!! I am sooooo excited!! We have four days of presents! Apparently they give us soo much stuff it is unbelievable! I am super curious as to who my big sis is! I can not wait to find out! So this week will most likely be a long one since I will be anxiously waiting to find out who she is till next sunday! Ahhh I've always wanted a big sister as cheesy as that sounds!  It is weird  writing so close to my last post I don't have a novel to report about like all the other times! It is getting cooler here! I got to have the coolest conversation the other day with a friend about missions! I was pleasantly surprised cause I don't usually run into people who want to do missions that are completely normal lol. But it was the fastest most peaceful two hours of my day lol! Three spoons is a frozen yogurt restaurant we have right here near campus that is delicious!!! It is where I will gain my freshman 15 lol! I really do need to make myself get on a no sugar diet though! The desserts in the cafeteria are killing me!! They are sooo good and there are soo many of them!

Recently, I have been thinking about missions. I don't really like the connotation we give its name. I feel like when people now a day think about missions they think of people who go over seas and to be a missionary you have to give up your life for something worse or less than what you could be. I feel like the mission is like this goal that they have to accomplish as a missionary. Like when we go on mission trips we have a set goal and if we don't meet it the trip wasn't worth it. When in reality I think everyone is a missionary. Missions should be our daily focus. We shouldn't treat it like a job, it is a lifestyle. It should be how we live not something we have to meetings and trips for. The trips are a great tool! but they are not where the work stops. Missionaries should not be that different from every single on of us. The only difference I feel should be that they live in a different country, at least some of them. I feel like people look down or up to missions. They look down upon it in that they think that you have to sacrifice yourself and your potential to be a missionary. Which yes you do have to sacrifice but not anything about who you are. Just maybe some American comforts. I know everyone is different and everyone is called to various places and occupations in life but being a missionary isn't sacrificing a good life. To me it is life. To go and serve people 24/7 in a different country where they have less than I do is life to me. That is where I find my most joy is in serving people! But then there are the places where missionaries are elevated and praised because they are special people who are called to give up that much of their lives. Yes they have a special calling but I believe we are all called to missions. I don't think its right to praise missionaries more than others, they are the same people as you and me they just go different places. Yes, it makes it a little easier to see their dedication but that doesn't meant they are doing bigger and better things than someone ministering to the neighbors. These are just some of my thoughts on missions. I fully accept that some of them may be wrong and I am sorry if I ever offend anyone with what I say. Hopefully going overseas one day is a passion of my heart! I anxiously await the day when i am able to go over seas. but I know I have a place here and now I must be ministering to. So i will anxiously await what God has in store for me to do today! I hope you all have a wonderful sunday! Drive back safely little sister!
To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment