Thursday, September 23, 2010

ooooo college life....

Hi! I think it has already been longer since the last time I wrote and I said I was going to do better! Oh well. So I told you I was going to write about pledge retreat so I will! It was a lot of fun yet completely exhausting! Because we stayed up ALL night...I don't really like all nighters especially after a long week of school! But it was a lot of fun! We did a lot of ice breakers, ate a lot of junk food, had some funny skits, got visited by some loverly older sisters, learned some history of our sorority, laughed, cried, had secret gifts for our secret hootie pal, and shared a lot about ourselves. It was really just a weekend or really a night of getting to know all the girls in our pledge class and create one big new family lol! Chi O has been a really blessing to me these past few weeks. It has given me the opportunity to meet soo many good girls and to have a huge group of friends. It is really like having a family because to some certain extent all the girls have to like you like you have to love your own family. I'm sure they dont HAVE to love you like your family does but to a certain extent they do! It is awesome! A real comfort fall back to know hey these people like me! Also I like them and I really do feel at home with them!

Okay now some football games! Well the first football I went to was against Oregon. I spent the whole day tailgating with some Chi O's. It was suppose to rain so I was prepared and had been carrying my rain jacket around with me ALL day and it was sunny as could be! So i was getting really annoyed having to carry it around everywhere and not even needing it. My feet also hurt from the shoes I was wearing! So i went back to my dorm to grab some water and put on some more comfortable shoes. And of course I put my rain jacket down! Then I headed to the game! At the game I sat with my friend Brooke Fraser and her date for Chi o and some of her other friends! The game started off really well we were playing pretty good at least for the beginning lol. And then all the sudden the game came to a pause because they saw lightening and we were going to have to wait it out. Then the sky turned the scariest color ever!! It was actually very creepy. We stayed and tried to sit and wait it out and I was just thinking how ironic it was that once i laid my rain jacket down it would rain! So of course it MONSOONS!!! I was soaked! It was cute some of Brooke's friends tried to shield the rain from us it somewhat worked but after a while we ran up to take cover from the rain! Then finally after like an hour the game starts again! Then we stay till about half time when I finally leave because I felt completely awful! I think from the rain and being exhausted! The second game I went to was against FLORIDA!!! It was a good game we lost of course! We always lose lol. Its really depressing though because they kinda make it like a tease they do okay and you think we somewhat have a chance and then they lose it! That game was fun except that it was at 3 in the afternoon so it was burning up! The student section is in the sun so I got a pretty nice tan! But on the other hand I don't think I have ever sweated that much before in such a short amount of time!

Last week we had PEACE, LOVE, & CHI O!!! It was soo soo much fun!! I went with Paul Michael Peeler who is a guy I kinda knew from highschool. I had asked Sarah Beasley to find me a date lol...I just felt really weird asking a guy and I dont know many of them so she said she knew some good Christian guys she could set me up with! And it ended up being Paul Michael! AHH i dont think I will ever go to a mixer ever again! Everyone always says date parties are more fun than mixers but I couldn't really understand why until I went! It is SO much better going with a date. One because we actually knew we were surrounded by good guys and two because you are actually with someone i guess! Our theme is hippy 70's is theme! it was soo much fun and such a cute them to dress up as! Now for Chi O we are doing this thing called lip sync. Its a competition between all the new pledges of each sorority and we get a them and we have to make up a dance and lip sync to the songs and we compete to be the best! Our them is Prince and we start practices on sunday and practice three days a week for 2 hours! Its going to be very tiring but a lot of fun! Of course I am not going to look good because I can not dance to save my life, but I will have fun attempting!

School is getting a whole lot busier! I feel like I just finished a week of sprint studying! Seriously all I did last week was sleep and study sleep and study! Ugh...but this is college and thats really all I need to do lol! I keep freaking out about getting a job though. I really REALLY need one of those. Of course my class schedule right now doesn't really allow for one. I just feel weird not working and I don't like not having income consistently coming in.. it is really not cool. Im kinda worried how I am going to manage having a job, Chi o, Freshman council, and school next semester....I wish everything could be free!! life would be soo much easier...Just kidding.

OH! I made Freshman Council!! Which is the freshman legislature of the Student government association! 300 plus applied and went through two rounds of interviews and 20 girls and 20 guys were chosen to be on the council! AND I MADE IT!!! I was soo excited! At first I went in really blind sided and not knowing what it was all about (to be completely honest I keep finding new details to what we actually do! and am still not sure what it is 100% about) I was just told I would enjoy it and should look in to it. I also thought the whole process was pretty much going to be a sign up and you make it kind of process. I did foresee that there would be 300 people competing!! So when I finally realized I actually really wanted it I was like oh no I haven't been pushing my best qualities enough and really didn't think I would make it to round 2. BUT I did make it to round two!! And round two interviews were going AMAZING! seriously one of my best interviews for anything. I wasn't awkward I had answers flowing and they were good answers. And the atmosphere was really good in the room. I liked the execs interviewing me and I felt like they liked me. I think it was one of the few interviews where I wasn't awkward, I was nice and bubbly like I am around people I know really well. Anyways we all get up to leave and well it was really awkward cause Im the interviewee and I don't know if I should make my way to the door first or if I should wait. So we have that loverly awkward few moments and then we make our way to the door. Well this one guy was standing there with his hand outstretched like you would if you were about to give someone a side hug. So I assumed he was wanted to give me a side hug...So I GAVE HIM A HUG! THEN I realize he was just standing like that to hold the door once I opened it!!! He of course played it off real well and was like "aww how cute! look how sweet she is, we have a connection right from the start". I walked out of the room turned the corner and kicked myself! I was soo embarrassed. I couldn't believe I thought he wanted a hug! How weird is that! So God was giving me some humble pie and for the rest of the day I was sure I was not going to make it because of that! But alas the president called me that night to tell me I had made it....and I screamed on the phone....at the president....then later that night I yelled at a girl "caroline is that you, you look soo cute, I didn't recognize you at all" to which the girl replied "what? Im not caroline" so of course I didn't recognize her cause it wasnt the girl I thought it was.....It was quite an amusing night and day for me lol! But I love freshman council! We had our initiation welcome on tuesday night! I met a lot of fun people who I can not wait to become friends with! I went in thinking I didn't know anyone else doing SGA and actually knew 2 girls. Also there was a guy who is from memphis went to collierville, who went to a dance with one of my friends so we ate at the same house together. and then there was a girl from memphis who was on my bridge builders team from junior camp! So once again it is a small world after all!

Still trying out different churches. Went once again to Fellowship last sunday. They had a baby dedication. So they have 2 marks towards the baptist theology lol. I found out this past sunday that it is a nondenominational church. But I like the sermon series the pastor is preaching on. He is a good preacher!

I really miss little kids. Yesterday on campus I saw two little newborns and wanted SO badly to walk up and ask if I could hold their child for them....I of course did not do this cause that would be creepy! I definitely want to work in that infant rooms at bellevue when I go back for Christmas break!

wow this post is quite long...I have actually been periodically working on it for two days just because I have been that busy! will hopefully update you more periodically!

No comments:

Post a Comment