Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trapped

I am soo homesick tonight! I have been hammering trying to find a way home this weekend and the more I think about it the more I need to stay here. It's the first football game of our season and normally I would never miss something like that, but I had reasoned that there will be many more football games and its only martin who we will cream. I did however already buy my ticket but its only ten bucks so what does it really matter, it would be soo worth it to see my family. But I've only been here three weeks and I really need to make myself get acclimated and feel at home here. I need to meet some more people, find my own group of friends I can chill with, and look at more churches. There will also be a lot of fun things happening this weekend since its labor day and the first game. I know I will have fun if I stay here, I just really miss my family. Yet, if I go home I bet it will be really really hard to come back and it wouldn't be fun to make that sad trip back with strangers for a six hour car drive. I feel so trapped not having a car. The only place I can go is on campus or near campus. I can't even drive to the mall if I want to I'm stuck. I'm beginning to regret the six hours away from home. I love knoxville its just soo far away. But I know soon I will have my little nook and I will love it and not want to leave or wish I was here when I am home. Today was good I actually enjoyed English! All we are doing in English right now is learning how to write. I hate writing with a passion but I know I must be good at it. But today I actually had fun writing my thesis and working on it to make it better. My teacher is really nice she makes writing fun! Spanish was good as always! More puppies on the slide shows though, how not nice that is! But I guess it's better than something boring right! I had a lab today I dislike labs! It's not fun we spent an hour and a half working on something that would have taken us 20 minutes to do in high school! Then I went to dinner with Kerry, Taylor, and Rachel! It was really fun they are nice girls who are soo funny to be around! There is never a dull moment with them! Then I got invited to go rock climbing! Which WOW I never knew we had such an impressive rock climbing set up. I had heard people talk about it but I just thought there was one wall. Boy was I wrong! There is a whole gym area with different walls all over the place! All are free hand so you don't use any ropes but they are probably only 10 ft with really puffy mats underneath you so you don't get hurt! It was a nice work out!( which is what I claim to be my workout instead of running lol) I cannot wait to go back there very soon!  Oh today I woke up really late! It was soo weird I hadn't heard Katherine at all! Which is amazing because well, Katherine is the loudest person on the earth! Anyways I woke up and really though it would be 8 o'clock or earlier and it was like 1030! I was still tired too I was soo tired I was worried that I could have possibly missed my  12:20 class! how sad would that have been to be like yea I missed my 12:20 class cause I over slept! I need to get some sleep this weekend! Well I still have some homework to do I just really needed to vent to a lonely computer screen lol. Ugh I miss my house! My mommy, my daddy, my lizzie, my anna, my emma, my peter, my aidan, my lila, my maci, my sparky! and even my thomas! I think I want my ab chair to be here too I forgot how helpful that things was in doing abs!

Until we meet again my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing thinking about where we would put that gigantic ab chair in your room. :) You will have to show the boys that rock climbing area when we visit; sounds amazing! I love you bunches! Miss you, thinking about you, and praying for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please give me your address so i can make your mailbox happy :)

    ReplyDelete