Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"There are no strangers, there are no outcasts, there are no orphans of God."

This is a song I heard on sunday and it really touched my heart! What a blessing it is to know that no matter what how desolate or alone we feel on this earth we NEVER truly are. They are lies fed to us from the devil to keep us from living the life God created us to live. No matter how abandoned I feel by friends I know I have a much greater friend who loves me stronger than a brother. His name is Jesus. Yet, I think the easiest and most effective way to show the lost the awesomeness of God is through love. Simply actions is my motto. Like it says below my title of the blog "it doesn't take a multitude just a smile and a good attitude." i wrote that phrase when writing a poem about calling people to take action and help those in need. It simply means to me that you don't have to be part of a huge organization or get 100 people to join with you in a movement to touch the world. It begins with those little acts of kindness. The letter to an old friend, some cookies for your neighbors, a lunch date with your bestie, a smile at a stranger. We never know how much of an implication our actions make on people. This unfortunately goes both ways and most of the time our hurtful rash actions make a longer lasting impression than the many little kind things we do each day. Yet, the small actions are what can brighten somebodies day. I know this is true for me. Even as a Christian I long for people to show me the love of Christ. I need it almost as much as non believers do, except that I realize where this desire comes from. Another song says "love with His hands, see with His eyes". We are the body of Christ and I need to realize what His hands should be doing and do it. For the world will know us by our love. Little things impact people in a huge way. For me I delight in the little things and I also get torn up over little things. Sometimes I find it is easy for me to forgive big mistakes but I find myself getting caught up on little stabs. I guess cause bigger things seem more put on to me and its the little things that show your daily heart and thoughts. I feel like big mistakes can be easily made while those little daily things are the ones you think about and reflects how you truly feel. I hadn't realized till college how much mean words can actually hurt. Just the simple middle school name calling names. You know the ones that are so common that many times we throw them up as a joke. Especially on the college campus everyone calls one another crude words and doesn't mean a thing by them. So it is easy for one to forget how awful they really are. Personally I was falling into this same though process just throwing sarcastic names around. Sure I thought I meant them until one day. On this day I realized how hurtful words really can be. I am from this day going to try and watch what I say about people and what names I call them because I never know if im hanging a new article in their thought closet that will haunt them or tear them apart. So i urge you to rethink about what you call people. Think about how you interact with people are you edifying them as Christ would want you to? I know it is a struggle especially as a girl I have a hard time not gossiping and saying things that only lift a person up. James 5:9 says "Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged." Im not sure how I got on this spill but I did. I guess living with people reteaches you the basic things you knew in a whole new light.

Random thought of the day: I have never quite seen the point of leaf plowers. Seriously they just move the leaves or mulch or whatever from the road to the grass. Just from one spot to the next. I can understand like after you mow or something but seriously sometimes I see these guys just blowing a pile of rubble to another side of the yard. I also never got the point of raking. I understand that yes to many leaves does get obnoxious but I personally think leaves on the ground look pretty. They are also re-fertilizing the ground right? so why not just leave them there. Why do our yards have to be spotless? its nature...Yet I don't like it when the yard is covered in leaves I can understand it then lol.
I love the crunchy sound leaves make under your feet!

That is all for today,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment