Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Winter skipped falls spot in the line of seasons.

It is freezing cold here in loverly knoxvegas! I believe this morning it was 44 degrees! I was blocking my vision by just breathing!! I am not prepared for it to be this cold so soon! I'm pretty sure it didn't get this cold last year till like december! I need to go home this week and buy sweaters, sweaters, sweaters, and some more boots lol. College is expensive it is not fun! I feel like I am constantly needing new clothes. That is a definite advantage of wearing uniforms everyday yet makes for a disadvantage when you go to college...then you are behind!

I went to severe heights baptist church this sunday! I'm pretty sure I could hear my mom jumping on the other side of the phone when I told her I was going to a baptist church! I love her! It was really nice, I'm pretty sure the music leader use to be at bellevue. It has been really strange both of the churches that lean more towards baptist views and what I am raised with have hit on missions and spurred that passion in my heart. Not that the other churches didn't have good messages that hit home. But it makes me stop to wonder if that is just coincidence that these two churches have pegged my heart on the first sermon. This sermon was about missions and specifically about an orphanage in haiti! ahh I about died. I just wanted to be there holding some of those little kids. They were soo cute in their pictures!

This whole weekend all I've been thinking about and praying is for everyone back home at memphis. I wish so badly I could be there to share my sorrow and comfort to the families. But I know they have plenty of friends and family that are showering them with the love of God. It's a sad and tragic situation but we know that God has a plan for everything and we know that luke is in a much better place. I rejoice and am envious of the place he gets to be, complete union with the God Almighty. but I grieve for his loved ones that mourn his loss today. May God give them the grace they need in this hard time!

No comments:

Post a Comment