Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ode to Dad

Dear Daddy,


              Thank you for all those years of "boy training". I am finally started to grasp better what you were trying to teach me all those years! You would be proud of me I am playing the game pretty well now. I've gotten better at making d'em puppies with a disease keep their feet on their toes! I really value what you taught me. Though I will admit I didn't quite understand in middle school and even highschool but as I get older I'm seeing everything make more sense. Not going to lie it kinda stunk to have my fairy tale prince charming dreams crushed but you helped me see reality! I can stand on my own two feet now and not be swept away by boys who are just playing the part. I know I didn't really appreciate your advice as much as I should have in high school. I'm so glad you taught me the things you did. You were right with your biggest worry for me when I went off to college. I didn't see how that was possible back then. But looking back you were reading me like a book! I thank God I didn't meet someone who would have swayed my mind to change my plans. Yet, I thank Him even more that He gave me a daddy who taught me not to be lead to change my plans and hopes for a boy. Dad, you taught me to be my own person and not to focus on boys. You taught me how to not give in and how to think on my own. I know I haven't come close to mastering much in the boy area of my life but because of you I'm doing fine. Thanks for not spoiling me with a fantasy dream of a prince charming. Thanks for loving my mom and living out the perfect example of what my husband should look like. Thanks for teaching me right from wrong. You are doing a great job dad. Your wise and godly. I know us kids don't always get what you are saying or agree with you, but dad, your making a difference. You are making us the people we are suppose to be. You made me a better person. Your other kids are gonna realize it too someday dad. I think you would be proud to see how I have learned to not give in to boys! You've taught me so much more than just boy stuff but thought I'd just  hit on one of your great lessons! Thanks for being the best dad ever!


Your Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment