Monday, January 17, 2011

Life is a Black hole, So jump in!

You know what I've been curiously contemplating and discussing?


-----Pain-------
What do you do with pain?
How do you handle it?
Personally I have 2 ways I usually handle my pain. One way I deal with pain is by ignoring it. I don't face the situation, instead I bottle it up and store it somewhere far away, out of site. Then every six months or more it resurfaces and I'm a blubbering idiot. It isn't a very good method because I don't actually get over the pain I just keep hiding it only making it bigger. The second way I deal with pain is I turn it around on myself. I see where I went wrong and I blame myself for the whole thing. Then I punish myself and send myself on a quest to be a better person. In the end all I am is really discouraged and left believing the lies I say about myself. So I started thinking about what would be a better method than the two I always do. It made me realize how strange pain is. You can't make it disappear. Emotional pain isn't the same as physical pain it doesn't just go away after months of recovery. Instead emotional pain is almost always there with that dull reminder of what happened. You always remember the hurtful words or actions. Even when you truly forgive and give up those hurtful times you can never quite forget them. I've realized that the best thing to do is to first give the Pain over to our heavenly Father. Then you can look at the situation realize what went wrong, where you and the other party went wrong. You then try and make your side right. What I don't think I should do anymore is forget the good times. Almost always when I get hurt by a friend I hold the bad times against them and I use that to heal myself. I try and burn all of the good memories and just remember the bad feeding that pain and bitterness. That isn't right. I really think you need to realize that there were good times and life happens. I need to forgive and forget the hurtful memories rather than hold onto them. They don't make me feel better. Yet, I don't think focusing on the good times will cure the pain, honestly only time is going to do that. But by seeing the good times you can say yes we had good memories and they have made me a better person. I believe the best way is to look at the situation and realize that there is a plan for the hurt that happened and though maybe it wasn't suppose to happen like that but it did; and because it did there will be something good out of it. God says he works all things out for our good. This means even through our stupid mistakes God is able to repair our broken lives. Of course their must be repentance but just because of mistakes doesn't mean God can't still work in my life or yours. So I think that is how I will deal with pain. I am going through all the times when those close to me have hurt me and realizing that there is a greater plan than I can see. So I guess I'm finally letting those hurtful words said against me go. I'm finally officially forgiving the things said against me and I'm moving on. I am not letting myself be trapped by the pain in my past. I'm not holding onto the past mistakes I have made. I can't be used in others lives if I am to scared to get close to people. I don't want to get close until I let go of this pain I have been desperately clinging too. I have to give up my hopes of those events being erased and realize that I am now in a new place and I need to grow these new relationships. So I am saying goodbye to all the pain I have held.


I know this is most likely boring to you all but it's so freeing to actually have gone through my thought closet and removed those boxes of painful pictures. I feel like I'm getting the spark back in my eyes that I had when I was younger. Yes people are going to disappoint me but that doesn't mean I give up on  people that I haven't met yet. Things won't always be as you have planned....but that means things will only be better!


So hasta la vista pain!!


I hope you can let go of your own hurtful memories that have been holding you back! There is sooo much more in life don't waste it by remembering the past! 


Live. Laugh. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment