Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I have a kid!!!!"

            Today I got to go to soar! It is a program run by a church in a project neighborhood and they help teach kids to read! So what I get to do every week is go and teach a little kid how to read to hopefully improve their reading skills! I heard about it at RUF on tuesday night! You have no idea how excited I got! I legit had this crazy huge smile plastered on my face! Then when I got confirmed that I could do it, I literally jumped for joy and started singing/screaming that I had a kid! I called my friend taylor giddy of course she doesn't quite understand and said it sounded more like a headache than a celebration. I was really missing kids and when I got back on campus. Cause honestly they are where my heart is and I know I am suppose to be doing something with them for the rest of my life. I don't care that I won't make any money, kids are my passion. Since they are my passion I will stop at nothing to interact with them! I will dedicate a post to why I love kids so much and think they are so important but tonight I am tired and I think that subject deserves it's own post! Anywho, I got to go to soar today! I read with marie. She was kinda shy and quiet but her reading got better at the end of the hour and a half! I was soo proud of her. It truly is amazing how much being around kids brightens my day! Sure they are kind of exhausting but its a good kind of exhausting. They make any stress go away. AHHHHH I loved it! I also loved thinking I am helping these precious little children better their reading skills which will help them all around in life! I can't wait to go back! I can't believe I get to do this! I really need to ask my mom to bring me a copy of her phonics stuff though I can't remember all the tricky rules to explain hard vowel sounds! I will be horribly poor one day.....and you know what I don't care I will be rich in so many other ways!!


Go find your passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment