Thursday, January 27, 2011

For The Good Of Others

How do you do something completely for someone else?

I don't know if as a selfish human being there is ever a time when I will ever do something for someone only for them. It kills me because I always want to try and do something for someone else without expecting anything in the end. Yet, without fail every time somewhere subconsciously I am doing it for me. I am nice because I want them to be nice to me in return. I befriend someone because I want to be friends with them. I go the extra mile because I think I would want that to happen to me. I spend money on others because I assume in some way I will maybe one day receive the same kindness. In some way I am receiving something from every action I do. Even if that action is just me getting satisfaction of thinking I helped someone that day. It is like a never ending cycle.

World I am a selfish person and I will forever be this way.

Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment